EFFECTIVE DATE: THIS POLICY WAS LAST UPDATED ON JUNE 29, 2018.
- Before we collect your personal information, we will advise you of the purpose of collecting this information. We will collect only the personal information necessary for our stated purposes, and collect it by fair and lawful means.
- Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to their laws. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain the protection of the personal information.
- We will ensure we receive your consent to gather personal information when required.
- We will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. We will retain information only as long as necessary.
- We will strive to keep personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary, and protect it by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
WE ARE ALSO COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR ONLINE PRIVACY.
We use any information we collect about you online to provide a personalized service experience. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Company, promotional materials and information from our partners.
This site contains links to other ServiceMaster sites. ServiceMaster of Canada is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We will not pass your information along to the linked site unless by doing so we can better assist you in providing the service you seek. We cannot protect your information if you provide it to one of the sites we are linked to.
We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the ServiceMaster of Canada website.
WHAT ABOUT "COOKIES"?
"Cookies" are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without accepting cookies, you can still use most of the features throughout the ServiceMaster of Canada website.
WILL SERVICEMASTER DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
ServiceMaster does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties, but you can request that we do not by e-mailing us at email@example.com. (If you use more than one e-mail address to communicate with us, send this message from each e-mail account you use.) Also, ServiceMaster of Canada may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal identifying information.